Friday, May 26, 2017

Surprise Gift Pattern!

My partner's parents went on their "honeymoon" cruise (it's been 30 odd years, but who's counting?) recently and brought us back all sorts of goodies. We had dinner with them last night and his mom dithered a bit before asking if I would be interesting in a pattern she had purchased, but was never going to get around to knitting.  Turns out it was Waiting For Rain which I have been eyeing since I saw it. She was so excited that I wanted to have it.

© softsweater

It's a beautiful pattern and I can't wait to figure out the short rows. I've never done anything like it before. I just bought two skeins of a beautiful soft purple alpaca yarn in a clearance section of a LYS and I think it'll be perfect for it. I've been digging through Ravelry to find something for all 860 yards of it. I'm going to turn around and give it back to her when I'm done with it!

I'm going to send a message to the designer to see if she would be willing to send me the PDF. I am pretty strictly a digital person. I have all of my patterns on my iPad and I use Knit Companion for most of my charted designs. It would make life much easier. If not, which I would totally understand, I'll survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment